Contributed by ranchez
The Bulwark Ridge trail climbs steeply for a miles and passes the Indian trail (#927), which is a steep connector down to the Miller Fork trail. Bulwark Ridge trail then follows the boundary of, and occasionally enters, the Comanche Peak Wilderness before meeting the Signal Mountain Trail near the summit of Signal Mountain. The views from Signal Mountain are stunning.
General Wilderness Regulations:
- Dogs must be on a hand held leash
- No motorized or mechanized equipment
- Camps, campfires and stock, where allowed, at least 200 feet from water and trails
- Group size limited to 12 people or stock animals combined
- Certified weed-free hay is required for stock
Follow Highway 34 west from Loveland. At Drake turn right on County Road 43 and travel six miles to the Dunraven Glade Road. Turn right and travel three miles to the trailhead parking at the end of this gravel road.
Length: 5.3 miles |
Activies: Dog-friendly, Equestrian, Day Hiking, Backpacking
Trailhead Elevation: 8,080
Trailhead Waypoint: 40.480056 N -105.471203 W
National Weather Service Forecast
Comanche Peak WildernessRoosevelt National Forest
Estes ParkFort CollinsLoveland